Tuesday, March 4, 2008

24.02.2008

Today I discovered the difference between a head of lettuce and a head of cabbage. I made myself a sandwich for lunch and when I was washing the lettuce I thought it looked different than normal, but I just figured it was Italian lettuce or something. When I bit into my sandwich I thought it tasted a little strange and after I translated the produce label on the bag I realized that I had bought a head of lettuce.. oops! The sandwich was still pretty good though.

I went into town to use the internet at hotel Aquila d’Oro again, and then met up with Joey and our Italian friend Nicola. We decided to go to lago di garda, which is about 30 minutes away by car. Do a google image search for pictures, mine wouldn’t have turned out because when we got there it was really foggy and misty. It was still fun though. We ordered hot chocolate from a bar, and it was very different than the hot chocolate we have back home. It was very sweet and almost as thick as pudding!

On the way home we stopped at a shopping center in Pergine, one of the only ones that are open on Sundays. We got some groceries and Jo made dinner Nicola and I, penne pasta with eggplant and red pepper sauce.. it was so good! When I got home I took my laundry out and realized that either my jeans or new towel had gotten blue dye all over my white socks, towels, and shirt.. ohh well, live and learn.

No comments: