Tuesday, March 4, 2008

25.02.2008

This morning I picked up my libretto and student name and password. I stopped by Aquila d’Oro and had an espresso and sandwich, my second espresso of the day. I wonder if having 2 or 3+ caffès per day is bad for you. I doubt my body responds to caffeine any more. I mailed the postcards my dad and I wrote last week, but I don’t think the stamps were pretty Italian ones. I had to get the postage at the post office, because I guess that’s the only place to find it.

I met an American on the bus today, the first one I have come across in Trento. I don’t know his name but he is from Philadelphia and is studying in Trento for 3 years. I have met a ton of people from Europe, and quite a few from Africa and South America, but nobody from the US. It’s weird that there are so few of us here.

I decided I am going to Rome this weekend to stay with my friend Jen who is studying there. When I was walking around town I bought a guidebook of Italy, so I don’t miss anything when I go visit. I went home and cooked fish and spaghetti for dinner, then met Nicola, Joey, and another student in town to see the Tim Burton movie “Sweeny Todd.” Before the movie we went to a wine bar a few doors down from the cinema. It was really nice, and all the wine options were thumb-tacked into the wall by each table. There were so many to choose from, and good thing they were organized by color, or else I would have just been choosing at random. I got a glass of Chianti, and I would describe it but I don’t exactly know how just yet… other than it was red.

The movie theatre was small and only had one screen. The seats were really nice and comfy though. The movie was dubbed over in Italian, which made it hard to understand, but I was lucky that “Sweeny Todd” is a musical and they don’t dub over the singing parts, they leave them in English and put Italian subtitles below. The movie itself was pretty good, a typical weird Tim Burton film though.. reminded me of “Edward Scissorhands” with all the barber razors!

No comments: