Friday, February 22, 2008

15.02.2008

On Friday we got up pretty early to make it to the welcome office by 10 am. I filled out paperwork and a student from Brazil walked my dad and I around the city. After that my dad and I walked around and went to a restaurant for lunch. It was a cafeteria-style restaurant, but because it was Friday it was hard finding something without meat in it. We ended up getting pizza and salads. I couldn’t figure out where the salad dressing was, but when we got to our table there was olive oil and vinegar bottles right there.

I had gotten the keys to my apartment earlier that day, so after lunch we took bus #5 about 10 minutes from the centre up the side of a mountain to my new residence. The keys are very strange, big skeleton keys that require five turns to lock or unlock the door. We took a cab and the luggage wasn’t too hard to manage, especially because I am living on the ground floor. The apartment is nice; one single bedroom and one double bedroom. No one was home when I got there, and the double bedroom was locked so I moved everything into the single. We went back into town later that night for dinner around 18,45 and the restaurant was pretty empty because people don’t eat dinner here until around 20,00 or later. Since it was still Friday and we couldn’t completely understand the menu, I had pizza again and it was very good.

No comments: