Sunday, February 24, 2008

20.02.2008

Wednesday I walked around town, and then went grocery shopping. I was headed to the Roncafort apartments later that evening to hang out with Joey and her friends again, and I wanted to bring a bottle of wine for the people that lived there. At the grocery store there were a lot of different types to choose from and I had no idea which were good wines, so I grabbed a bottle of red that had a cool label and was made in this region “Trentino.” That was my first legal alcohol purchase!

I learned a new word from my roommate.. “scorciatoia” (pronounced scorch-a-toya). It means shortcut, ie.. if you miss the bus you can take a scorciatoia and meet it at the next stop. It’s my favorite Italian word thus far.

From 16,00-17,00 I had Italian conversation hour with four other international students at the welcome office. Two of the students were from the Czech Republic, and another was the girl from Singapore who was in my orientation. Later that night I headed out to Roncafort. It was dark out and I wasn’t exactly sure which stop to get off at. I wasn’t really paying attention to where I was going because I was on the phone with Amy, and when I looked up I realized that everyone was getting off the bus. I panicked a little and got off the bus with everyone, and by some miracle it was the stop I wanted.

We hung out at the apartments for a little while, and I met two Romanian girls and a German one. One of the Romanian girls told Joey and I a funny animated story in broken English about her ex-boyfriend.. “I make it graffiti as revenge.” Something about how if you go to her city you will see graffiti on the theatre that says something like “I and You three meters in the sky.” I don’t think I completely understood the story.

After a little while we went to a bar and then a really fun club called Momá. It didnt close until 4,00 am! We didn’t stay until it closed though. When we left we stopped for kebabs at a little street vendor. They weren’t shish kebabs though, it was a pita stuffed with lettuce, tomato, onions, some sort of meat, and a white sauce. It was VERY good!!! :) Joey let me stay at her apartment so I wouldn’t have to take a cab home alone, which would have been about 12 euro.

No comments: